Making Payments

JudyG49868
Contributor
Contributor

I've always been able to use my Business debit card without cash in my PP account. Since the new terms of service went into effect, my card is being rejected. I have never bounced a payment from my bank. Do I now have to have actual cash in my account? 

Is there a method to pull cash into the account immediately like the old 'PayPal Cash' thing they used to have? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JudyG49868 

It's got nothing to do with the new PayPal balance terms as they do not apply to business accounts. When you keep using the card and not have a PayPal balance and it keeps going to your back up funding source, after a while it will more likely decline than let a transaction go through, it won't bounce all the time but it will start declining from time to time, especially perhaps when you make an expensive purchase and then it'll start doing it on random smaller purchases. The PayPal business debit draws from your PayPal balance, you can add a back up but it appears they don't mean for you to lean on it all the time. It's recommended that you keep some funds in your PayPal balance for best results. You can add funds to the PayPal balance via your linked bank account which could take a few days or when you receive payments but can't add funds through the card itself like the PayPal Cash card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JudyG49868 

It's got nothing to do with the new PayPal balance terms as they do not apply to business accounts. When you keep using the card and not have a PayPal balance and it keeps going to your back up funding source, after a while it will more likely decline than let a transaction go through, it won't bounce all the time but it will start declining from time to time, especially perhaps when you make an expensive purchase and then it'll start doing it on random smaller purchases. The PayPal business debit draws from your PayPal balance, you can add a back up but it appears they don't mean for you to lean on it all the time. It's recommended that you keep some funds in your PayPal balance for best results. You can add funds to the PayPal balance via your linked bank account which could take a few days or when you receive payments but can't add funds through the card itself like the PayPal Cash card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.