Class Action on Foreign Transaction

BbBrettSheep
Contributor
Contributor
I am requesting information on how many of you have been absolutely unable to use your PayPal related cards on overseas transactions. My view is that, since I can't use PayPal's credit or debit cards overseas, do they have a policy that specifically states their cards can't be used overseas. I was told that In no uncertain terms that I would keep getting fraud alerts every time that I attempt a transaction overseas. Customer service told me to find an alternative payment method. The fatal flaw is that when you are overseas, there is no possible way to confirm your identity. I even tried buying a phone in Ukraine (which customer service was informed of this plan and didn't say that wouldn't work) and adding it to my account to be able to call customer service and remedy the situation. But... you can't add a foreign number to a USA account. I feel that I have been illegally denied access to my funds. I called before I left to tell them where I was going so that my PayPal logo debit and credit card would work. Nope, denied right away. I BARELY made it out of Ukraine as I had limited cash and another card with a low spending limit (that isn't from this terrible company) that actually made adjustment so my card would work. If enough of you had a similar problem, and want to join a class action lawsuits. I want them to pay for almost costing me my relationship with the woman of my dreams. This is a 100% go for me if a lawyer agrees with my interpretation of the circumstances. Just want to know whether to go class action or private lawsuit. Thanks, Brett
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

BbBrettSheep
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

I contacted PayPal once I got back to the United States. They confirmed to me that you have no possible way to clear an overseas fraud alert until you are back in the United States, or wherever your home country is. You need a phone tied to your account to receive a text, and since your phone can't work overseas to receive a text message from the security team, this won't work. There is no other alternative. PayPal couldn't point me to an app relaying text messages through WIFI or anything that can be done in this situation.  You are denied any customer service remedy. They tell you to call once you are back in the USA. What if you aren't able to get to the USA because of the issue? If any of you have suffered medical difficulties or were trapped overseas like I almost was, I would like to offer you to be a part of an initial filing, and in turn receiving more money when a payout is calculated when and if we win.

If you have had a similar experience, and can prove it through chat records, contact me. I will be happy to assist you in making a legal request for your chat logs and audio recordings of interactions that you had related to hardships related to loss of access to your funds and the illegal false advertising that states the card is accepted everywhere overseas. I am 100% going forward with this, and you'd be wise to join me. I haven't calculated an amount, but we will be seeking millions depending of how many express interest and can show harm.

Thanks,

Brett

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.