Paypal Prepaid Mastercard

cmjmaz
Contributor
Contributor

I had recently purchased a PayPal Prepaid Mastercard at a retail location, which I loaded money onto the card (300$) . Then went home to go activate  the card online which when clicking complete it would never load. So I went to my paypal account and linked the card to the account which somehow it got linked when it was never technically activated according to the woman on the paypal hotline... I was then asked to provide proof of information which I failed one of the indentifications because I had to send a photo of my ID card instead of having the physical card. Then couple days go by and I log back in and it says I can no longer use paypal and that the cards linked cannot be unlinked???????? so now 300$ is gone. and this is **bleep**ing **bleep** .

ALSO NONE OF THIS **bleep** CONTACT PAYPAL NUMBERS **bleep**ING WORK

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cmjmaz 

Don't tell me you linked the card like it was some third party card, on the wallet page? That's not how it's done. You spooked them pretty much and would rather permanently banned you instead. If you had a problem activating card, call customer service number on back of card, not take it upon yourself to do it any ole' way. There's instructions/t&c booklet that comes with the card.

You will have to call customer service number on back of card and tell them what happened. Leave emotion out of it. Just say you was trying to activate card online and it didn't work but mistakenly linked it in a way that was not correct to fix the situation but it spiraled into a permanent ban of your account and that what you want to do now is activate the card to use the funds on it like a regular prepaid card without connecting it to a PayPal account.

Or see if you can take it back to the store and get a refund with the store receipt because you can't get it to activate, if that is even possible.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cmjmaz 

Don't tell me you linked the card like it was some third party card, on the wallet page? That's not how it's done. You spooked them pretty much and would rather permanently banned you instead. If you had a problem activating card, call customer service number on back of card, not take it upon yourself to do it any ole' way. There's instructions/t&c booklet that comes with the card.

You will have to call customer service number on back of card and tell them what happened. Leave emotion out of it. Just say you was trying to activate card online and it didn't work but mistakenly linked it in a way that was not correct to fix the situation but it spiraled into a permanent ban of your account and that what you want to do now is activate the card to use the funds on it like a regular prepaid card without connecting it to a PayPal account.

Or see if you can take it back to the store and get a refund with the store receipt because you can't get it to activate, if that is even possible.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.