Paypal Master Card Credit Card

gedowski
New Community Member

I've contacted the Paypal Master Card company over the weekend to ask a few questions. The guy asks for my credit card number and I told him that in the 17 years Ive been with paypal, I have never received a credit card. So he tells me to give him my social security number and he'll look it up that way. After the conversation was over, he proceeds to report my credit card as lost or stolen. Because of that, paypal withdraw directly from my personal checking account which caused several overdrafts. I've contacted the credit card company numerous times to explain that the guy I talked to did not tell me he was cancelling my credit card or I wouldn't be in this mess now. Whenever I call paypal, they transfer me to the credit card company.  I would like for them to pay the overdraft fees but I keep getting the run around by them saying that they are sorry and that the new credit card will arrive in 7-10 days. Anybody able to give me some suggestions as to what to do. I froze my checking account, but paypal emailed me saying they are going to attempt payment in 3 days. Need help ASAP

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

garydavid711
Contributor
Contributor

I  HAVE HAD YOUR MASTER CARD FOR APPROX 6 MO OF NIGHTMARE IT B HAS BEEN DENIED 12 TIMES AND I HAVE HAD TO WAIT FOR PASSWORD BE SENT IN MAIL AS THEY WOULD NOT USE TEXT -I FINALLY CANCEL WHY YOU EVER DECIDED USE SYCHRONY BANK WAS A HUGE MISTAKE AND I'M SURE THIS IS BEING COMPLAINED A LOT-I'M YELLING BECAUSE I'M MAD.

Login to Me Too

bodielgt
Contributor
Contributor

I hope this reaches someone at Pay Pal because I cannot find a way to speak with or email a human being in this company, and they should know that there partner bank, Synchrony Bank is a second rate bank.

I have had 3 blocks put on purchases I have made, and I have only had the card a couple of months.  They are unable to trace the origin of an authorization down to the actual location.  For instance, if you live in Maryland and you go to a gasoline station in Maryland, if the processing center for the gas station is in Salt Lake City, Utah, their system thinks that the charge is coming from Salt Lake City, and the authorization is rejected because "what are you doing in Salt Lake City if you live in Maryland? It is blocked for suspected fraud.

Any other bank would have the sophistication to trace the authorization request to Maryland and would not block your card.  No longer going to use this card!  

I a

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.