PayPal Prepaid MasterCard

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I’m helping someone get a debit card as a gift. The PayPal prepaid MasterCard was suggested as another alternative. It says that you can transfer money from your PayPal account but the costs aren’t listed. If he links his bank account to his PayPal account and funds the prepaid card, the monthly fee is $4.95 I believe but how much is the cost to fund via bank account?  If I want to fund his card, how much money do I pay to transfer money to his prepaid card, or must I transfer money to his PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

I think initially you can buy the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard at a retailer and put an amount on it, ask the retailer to be sure. When the recipient of card activates the card, they can link their PayPal account to it to use the funds on it.  After that you can send money to the person's PayPal account and they can in turn transfer those funds onto the prepaid card.

Funds can be added to the PayPal balance from the recipient's linked bank account and then transfer funds to the prepaid card. There's no fee to add funds to PayPal balance via one's linked bank account. The prepaid card does have a monthly fee of around $5.

Here is the website for more info:

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com

The fees should be listed in the fine print at the bottom or click the cardholder agreement link on the same page

The card can be ordered by the card holder and you send money from your PayPal account to their PayPal account and when they get the card, they can transfer the funds themselves.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

I think initially you can buy the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard at a retailer and put an amount on it, ask the retailer to be sure. When the recipient of card activates the card, they can link their PayPal account to it to use the funds on it.  After that you can send money to the person's PayPal account and they can in turn transfer those funds onto the prepaid card.

Funds can be added to the PayPal balance from the recipient's linked bank account and then transfer funds to the prepaid card. There's no fee to add funds to PayPal balance via one's linked bank account. The prepaid card does have a monthly fee of around $5.

Here is the website for more info:

https://www.paypal-prepaid.com

The fees should be listed in the fine print at the bottom or click the cardholder agreement link on the same page

The card can be ordered by the card holder and you send money from your PayPal account to their PayPal account and when they get the card, they can transfer the funds themselves.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I didn’t see a list of stores that sold it but they said ordering online was free. Thank you for the information and I forwarded it on. 

Still not not sure about having both cards. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.