Pay in 4

gabherro
Contributor
Contributor

11/25/2020 I used the 'Pay in 4' option. My purchase all together was $139.50. My installments are $38.88, I paid the first payment, which is fine, but Paypal took another $34.88 out of my account that's just sitting there pending in my bank account and it's considered an "Authorization" transaction when I look at in Paypal.. What exactly does that mean? Will that other $34.88 return to bank account? I can't get in contact with Customer Service. If I wanted to spend $69.76 today, I would have. 

Any reply helps please. 

@ViriMelecio I am adding you because I see you had a problem with Pay in 4 as well. I am new to this

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

gabherro
Contributor
Contributor

No unfortunately. I have no response from a Paypal agent this second go-round. My charge is still pending after being told it would take 24hr to deposit back into my account which did not happen.. it's been 6 days. 

Login to Me Too

synthstain
New Community Member

Out of curiosity are these payments at least chipping away at your payin4 total amount? Or are they random payments? I have an issue where I applied for payin4 for an item on newegg, went to checkout but it finally told me the item was out of stock but it still took the first payment out of my bank account. And it actually did it twice so there are 2 payments randomly pending and affecting my account that aren't related to anything i've purchased.

Login to Me Too

maxmama1234
I got **bleep** by paypal and customer service was terrible. I didnt get a full credit when I returned an item so I'm taking it up with the proper authorities. I've had it with PayPal and having paid their fees over years selling on Ebay. I'm through and will close my account Monday. RIPOFF.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.