Pay in 3 - has it charged me twice? Help!

IzzG
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! So I used the pay in 3 option for the first time today and I'm a little confused about something. The first payments was pending for hours saying that "0 out of 3 paid" so I was getting worried that it would cancel if it wasn't paid today so I decided to click the "make payment" button and pay the first installment that way hoping it would sort it - the payment I put through manually went through just fine but the other one is still sitting there pending and it has come out twice from my bank account. Will the other one automatically cancel and refund at any point or will it charge me twice? And if it is the latter will it count it as two of the payments or just the first one? I'm okay with it taking it twice as long as it takes both off of what I owe and not just one.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Marina

Hi @IzzG,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I'd be happy to help! When purchasing an item using Pay in 3, we conduct a pre-authorization hold on your card for an amount equal to one-third of the total purchase price. This will show as a pending authorization in your PayPal Activity and also with your card issuer. Once the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorization will be removed, and the initial down payment will be withdrawn from your card automatically. There is no need to worry if you've made an additional manual payment before that happened. It will also be applied towards the total amount of your Pay in 3 plan.

I hope you find this information helpful!

- Marina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Marina

Hi @IzzG,

Thank you for posting your question in the Community. I'd be happy to help! When purchasing an item using Pay in 3, we conduct a pre-authorization hold on your card for an amount equal to one-third of the total purchase price. This will show as a pending authorization in your PayPal Activity and also with your card issuer. Once the merchant ships your goods, the pending authorization will be removed, and the initial down payment will be withdrawn from your card automatically. There is no need to worry if you've made an additional manual payment before that happened. It will also be applied towards the total amount of your Pay in 3 plan.

I hope you find this information helpful!

- Marina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.