PAYPAL APP

alwyn269
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have an ASUS ZENPAD 3S 10 but cant download the PayPal app onto it from the PLAY store.  Apparently its not compatible !

I operate my online banking and other secure programs from my tablet so am I missing something or is it a case of tough luck.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@alwyn269

The download page for the PayPal app in Google Play has an email address for feedback. You could try emailing PayPal at that address about this issue.

Here is the PayPal link for their apps.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/mobile-apps

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@alwyn269

Have you installed the latest software updates from your devices manufacturer? 

Login to Me Too

alwyn269
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. Yes I have and my ASUS is less than a year old so I am a bit bemused. Can I get the APP anywhere other than the PLAY store ?
Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@alwyn269

Having financial accounts linked to your PayPal account, I wouldn't recommend installing the PayPal app from outside a verifiable source.

You may want to consider logging into the site with a browser on your tablet if you're having compatibility issues with the app.

Login to Me Too

alwyn269
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. My ASUS is not linked to anything else. I use Apps for 3 other banks which work well and I can access Paypal on my Samsung phone with no problems. Maybe that's it ? Using the app on my phone is not allowing me to use it on my Asus ??
Login to Me Too

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@alwyn269

I don't think that's the issue. After searching the forum it seems like at some point the PayPal app was updated and compatibility issues with Android tablets started.

Login to Me Too

alwyn269
Contributor
Contributor
OK I can imdrstand that. Do you know if PayPal are either in the process of or are considering making adjustments to resolve this issue. PayPal on my phone is great so why not on my tablet ?
Login to Me Too
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@alwyn269

The download page for the PayPal app in Google Play has an email address for feedback. You could try emailing PayPal at that address about this issue.

Here is the PayPal link for their apps.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/mobile-apps

Login to Me Too

MAB3813
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a geek and just had this occur on my Nexus 7 2013. What worked for me was to just download the latest APK file then install and all is well. Here the link to almost any APK file for every app created for Android os: www.androidapksfree.com then search a particular app. Trust me, it'll work on all Android versions 4.2 and higher. The Google Play Store is getting very weak when it comes to determining compatibility of apps to devices. 

Login to Me Too

alwyn269
Contributor
Contributor

Without geeks we'd never understand computers !  More power to your elbow sir (I presume). I shall give your suggestion a try out and see what happens.#Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.