Can I get paypal cash card without linking a bank account?

eeldivad
New Community Member

I want to get my daughter a paypal cash card (not credit card) so she can use like a debit card at stores but I don't want to open a bank account for her since there's minimums and fees.  I just want to be able to send her money through paypal that she can use.  Is that possible or does her account have to be linked to a bank account or something to be able to get the paypal cash card?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Towelie92
New Community Member

Yes, to the best of my knowledge, you can use the card that way- but the account itself must "qualify" for the PayPal Debit "Cash Card" MasterCard. I do not know what the qualifications are, just that it sometimes offers it or you sometimes have to seek out the application process, qualify/approved, receive card, use funds from PayPal account anywhere MasterCard or PayPal is accepted. There are still fees by needing to add cash but not a monthly fee for the card or to use PayPal just as you both use it now. So yes this is an easier option for not having a banking account and having to purchase Visa/MasterCard style "gift" cards from stores. Personally I've never had a problem using my PayPalCash Card for anything from the Grocery store, to RideShare/Taxi services, gas at the pump, or merchandise from inside Circle K.

Transfers from bank to PayPal account do take a few business days. Loading cash is about $3-3.95 at a bunch of different stores; Walmart, Rite Aid, CVS Pharmacy, Dollar General, Walgreens, Family Dollar, Gamestop, Kum & Go, Office Depot, Travel Centers of America, Winn Dixie... to name a few lol.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.