Paypal Credit refund - Will it sort itself out?

Reenee1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone had a similar case with Paypal credit.

To elaborate, I made a purchase with Paypal Credit, however, it was refunded back from the merchant the very next day. No money had been taken from my own bank account but that sum shows up as available credit balance and the transaction still appears as pending.

I was wondering if it will sort itself out the next couple of days or would I need to message customer services?
I just don't want to get charged for something that got refunded.
I would assume it needs a couple of days to update but wanted to ask nevertheless.

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Reenee1
Contributor
Contributor
I ended up asking PayPal support just to make sure and they did confirm that it takes around to 2-3 days for the credit to be updated and reflected. It will sort itself 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Reenee1 

Funds may still go out and then as it was refunded, in a few days go back to your paypal credit as a refund. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Reenee1
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks for the response. I have been checking the activity of the payments and as it's still a new transaction, there are no payments due yet. So since it got refunded, will the transaction show as complete when it updates, is that correct? Apologies for the questions, it's my first time using PayPal credit and credit services in general, so I want to double check everything is okay.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Reenee1
Contributor
Contributor
I ended up asking PayPal support just to make sure and they did confirm that it takes around to 2-3 days for the credit to be updated and reflected. It will sort itself 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.