cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

Options
Go to solution
karcer18
Contributor

I actually have made purchases with paypal in the past week. I received an email last night saying I won $25. I messaged paypal after the $25 wasn't showing anywhere in my account/paypal balance. I received an in-app message that, not to worry, it would be applied to my next purchase. So I bumped up a holiday card order. No such luck. The whole amount went on my card. Just messaged again-- we'll see what they say. Maybe not an eligible purchase, but it's hard to tell what is when no amount off shows anywhere...

Options
Go to solution
Wynter
Contributor

My purchase totals £34 and the offer is £25 with the rest (£9) charged to my debit card.

Is PayPal paying the £25, and if so, why? Seems too generous.

I'm puzzled.

Thanks!

-Chris

Options
Go to solution
mjholiday

I received a (legit) email from PayPal saying that I won $25 in the holiday giveaway.  When I login, it even says that I have been a winner, but that link just takes me to the generic contest page.  From what support says and what others have said, I should see the $25 in my Wallet under "Credits," but I have no area for Credits under Wallet in either the desktop or mobile version.  When I go to make a purchase, there is no $25 credit to select.  Anyone else still having this issue?

Options
Go to solution
mjholiday
Spoiler

UPDATE: I tried to resolve this my messaging PayPal and then actually called their phone support, which was very helpful!  After putting me on hold for several minutes, the agent came back to tell me I had actually spent the credit three days earlier.  She was right.  It turns out they credited my account three days before sending the email to tell me I had won, so if you're not seeing your credit, look back a few days and make sure you already didn't spend it!

Options
Go to solution
karcer18
Contributor
That could be what happened to me. On Nov 27th I made a purchase for my son for his fortnite game and wasn't charged (it was just under 25). On the night of Nov 30th or early Dec 1st, I got an email saying I had won 25. Tried to see wheee it was, but have been unsuccessful. There's no clear place that tracks and shows your prizes, and what they were spent on. Doesn't show it in that transaction summary that I can see. People should know if you spend under 25, you don't appear to get the balance. It was a nice surprise but very confusing to follow and there seems to be a delay in the notification. I don't think I would have used it that way had I known the prize was there. Still can't figure out how to see it, even after installing the PayPal app on my phone.

Options
Go to solution
Angie924
Contributor
I have also received email as winner of $25 cash rewards saying it can be used for purchases anywhere PayPal is accepted. It isn't in my wallet and I haven't been able to use it anywhere that accepts PayPal. I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle. I've got to deal with. Good luck!!

Options
Go to solution
Elfkincatcher
Contributor
I was confused until i read the full details. If you have a personal A/C it shows in your Wallet - if you have a Business/ Merchant A/C like me it comes off your qualifying payment. Basically buy something (I used eBay) and when you pay it comes off the total. I made 2 eBay purchases and one was free and the other had the residue of the prize taken off. Absolute result as I was also taking advantage of eBay’s 50 x Nectar points which amounted to 25% of the outlay so taking that into account my £77.98 purchase only cost me £8.50!!! It isn’t obvious the exact process but for business account holders it’s automatic … I wasn’t aware of it until I looked at my purchases today … so yes it’s definitely worth buying SOMETHING!!! If you’ve won something and bought anything using pay pal recently check your purchase summary to see if you’ve already spent it!

Options
Go to solution
gdollar
New Community Member

I also got an email that I won $25 in the Holiday Giveaway but didn't get the money credited to my account.

Options
Go to solution
Misia
Contributor

I am trying to click the link in the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Official Rules section, in order to enter without purchase.

The website link above is referenced as well as a Free Entry Hyper link, and they only open another tab to the exact same screen, the Holiday Giveaway Official Rules screen.

How do I enter without purchase and get a full 50 entries, as stated in the rules that it exists, just can't get to it?

Thanks!

Options
Go to solution
DarrenW1
Contributor

How do I spend reward of £25???

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.