How to calculate shipping costs BEFORE invoicing???

annsuthard
Contributor
Contributor

I have a personal PayPal account to destash some fabric. The buyers agree to pay for the actual shipping, but I do not see how I can get ShipStation to calculate the shipping costs until the order has been Invoiced and Paid. And by then it's too late! The buyer gave me their email and a zip code and I thought I could use that to calculate shipping and add it to the invoice before sending it. That used to work last time I sold something, but no longer. In fact, the invoice does not even show on my Activity list in PayPal until I've sent it to the customer. And it doesn't show the Create Shipping Label link until the customer pays. So confused here....

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nettiemcc
Contributor
Contributor

since they switched to shipstation, i have not even been able to ship with them, and paypal can't tell me why.  I use pirateship to quote all my prices, and now to ship since pp can't get the error fixed

Login to Me Too

annsuthard
Contributor
Contributor

I also used PirateShip to estimate pricing, but at least I was able to print a label in ShipStation AFTER I billed the buyer and AFTER the buyer paid. At that point, I was just crossing my fingers that the shipping cost was correct. Or at least the same between PayPal and ShipStation. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.