Filling out the Virtual Terminal form without hand typing?

EL34xyz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I started processing credit card sales via PayPal virtual terminal recently
I have a PayPal merchant account that I use to send PayPal invoices and have been doing that for several years
I write my own custom integration software using MS Visual Studio and I only use a Windows desktop and Firefox browser for my business transactions
I integrate with Quickbooks, Stamps.com and my web site shopping cart using my custom software

Currently I go to Virtual Terminal and hand type the customers data so I can process the credit card sale

I already have all the customer credit card info by pulling that data from Quickbooks via my custom software
I am trying to figure out a way to fill the Virtual Terminal form automatically instead of hand typing all that data
Does anyone know of a way to do this?
Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Have you considered writing a browser extension that would fill the fields using the data you pull from QuickBooks?  If you're already comfortable with programming in general, and you're always pulling data from QB like you said, I would imagine that building such an extension might not be a big deal for you..??

I'm imaging an extension that would give you a button or something to search for the customer you want to pull data for, and then when you select that customer it populates the VT fields with all of your info.

On a similar note, I'm a PayPal partner and I have a tool you might want to do the same thing with because you'll get a lower rate than you get with the PayPal VT directly.  We built a VT/Invoicing system on the PayPal Commerce API integration which charges lower fees for CC processing than the VT does.  Just something to consider.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about that.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

EL34xyz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I recognized your name

I used your code to create Paypal invoices several years ago. - paypal-php-library
That has worked out well for me.
I don't really have time to write a browser extension.
I was hoping for something that is already ready to go.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Ah, yes. I really miss that library. It made things so easy, and the Classic API in general is something I tend to miss.

I've been telling myself I'm going to tie all the new REST API's into it, but I just haven't been able to make the time.

That said, our new Vt/invoicing system is indeed built on the REST API, which is where you get the cheaper fees.

You may want to give it a try even if you don't have your automation with it completed simply because you won't have to fight with the timeouts.

If you do decide to play with an extension and you need anything from me feel free to reach out directly and I'll try to make any adjustments necessary to make that easier on you.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

EL34xyz
Contributor
Contributor

I may look into the extension if I have time

The way it should work is this:
My local app grabs all the form data and saves it into a local file
The extension needs to be able to open the file, parse the data and fill in the form

This would be way easier if I can find a working extension that can read a local file and fill in a form
I could customize it for my needs

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.