Blocked card while on the road. How is this acceptable?

aramoarcea
Contributor
Contributor

Why is my card locked? This is extremely frustrating, humiliating, and right-out dangerous! I was stuck at a gas station with nobody answering the phone number on the back of the card. I had already pumped the gas. I had to negotiate with them to let me go back to their town tomorrow and bring cash payment. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

I was on hold on the phone waiting for customer service and I hung up after 59 minutes of listening to the idiotic repetitive answering machine message. All while paypal is sitting on my money. How is this OK?!?!?!?!?!?

Is this common? I know this is not common with other credit/debit cards. Others reach out with a text or email or some form of security check if they suspect fraud. I am frustrated, true, but I also really want to know: is there something special about Paypal that makes it ok for them to cut access to my money? If so I find it really dangerous and others should be aware. What if I was traveling far from home?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jazz_Aktion
New Community Member
This happened to me today- and I was far from home. The PayPal debit card is my only form of payment outside of cash so you can imagine the fix I was in. I did wait to speak with a representative for over an hour and basically it’s a Mastercard issue. Something in their system has caused a failure with all PayPal debit cards. I agree that they really should have made that apparent prior to letting us all find out the hard way. Cash is king. I really hope they send some sort of notification when it’s fixed (I won’t hold my breath) and I hope they fix it soon.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.