zettle app not recognizing reader 2

sandiegonotary
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded the zettle app for my android phone and was able to pair through bluetooth the zettle reader 2 a day ago. Charged the device. When I went to use it today for a customer, the reader just says welcome and the zettle app can't detect the reader.  I've tried uninstalling the zettle app, re-booting my phone, turning on and off the reader several times, but to no avail. Still the same thing. It's a new reader and my phone is working fine. In the phone, the reader is called DATECS BLE. Since Paypal is only open business hours and chat is only open business hours, I am posting here. Any way to fix this?

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Michael

Hi, @sandiegonotary. I hope the situation with your Zettle reader has been resolved by now. If not, I can only suggest that you contact Customer Service via the website (either phone or a secure chat) or by sending a Facebook Private Message (https://www.facebook.com/paypalusa) or by sending a Twitter DM to @AskPayPal.

To see options to communicate securely with Customer Service, please log on to your PayPal account, click Contact at the bottom of any page and then select the topic that best fits your concern. Please work through all of the links/prompts offered by the bot in order to see all of the possible options for secure communication.

You can also find troubleshooting steps at https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/aq4549, but it sounds as though you may have already applied all the available steps. I hope this is helpful, however.

Thanks for your patience during this time, and thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

maritimeglou
Contributor
Contributor

I found that disconnecting the reader from the device and then reconnecting it helped, we had a lot of trouble in the beginning and now it doesn't happen as much. 

Login to Me Too

dennisdaniel
New Community Member

I am having the exact same problem.  Were you able to resolve the issue and get the App to connect to the reader?

Login to Me Too

Kevapo
Contributor
Contributor

I got the exact same behavior. (was working, but then not anymore even when restarting, deactivating blutooth and reactivating it and so on...)

The reader 2 is found in bluetooth section as "DATECS BLE", i can even pair them... but it's not found inside the android zettle application itself...

To add to this,

• i have an iphone, in which the zettle app has no issue to connect to the exact same reader. (not at the same time... i switch it ff when testing the android device)
  • I have a second and a third Android devices, that exhibit the same behavior even if they are from different android version (9, 10 and 11) and different brand (Lenovo, Teclast, Xiaomi)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.