receiving credit card payments

cindycrowe
New Community Member

I am new to receiving payments through PayPal me for my business. I have a customer that would like to make a credit card payment. As this customer is government, I don't think they would have a PayPal account. Do my customers need to have a PayPal account to pay through my PayPal me with a credit card?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

KatieJ301
New Community Member
As far as I understand you DON'T have to have a PayPal account to be able to use it when you are using a debit or credit card.
Login to Me Too

cindycrowe
New Community Member

thank you for your quick response. this is what I thought also. but it is weird when I go to the paypalme link, it is asking for that information. I am wondering how my customers get through that page without having to sign into their PayPal account. Here is my link: [removed]

thank you

Cindy

Login to Me Too

cindycrowe
New Community Member

I received this reply from PayPal messages centre.

Cindy, yes, your buyer need to have a PayPal account of their own in order to pay you using a credit card. This process will ensure that you receive the funds on your PayPal account right away along with an email sent to you with the transaction details.

This is very discouraging. I thought I had all of this figured out. Now I will need to find an alternative solution to receive the credit card payment.

thanks for your consideration and time

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.