Verification for PayPal for business

AddyP
Contributor
Contributor

We setup a PayPal business account for a nonprofit and linked a bank account to it (account pending verification). We also submitted business documents (not 501c3) to verify that we are a registered nonprofit, which is pending verification with PayPal. Once we have 501c3 status (this is in progress) we will submit that to be a PayPal certified charity for the discounted fees. We also setup a donation button/link which is operational - I donated a dollar to make sure it shows up in the PayPal business account. My questions are: 1. What does PayPal’s business verification do for us, since we are also ready able to get donations into our PayPal account? 2. Can we continue to seek donations while PayPal is verifying our nonprofit/business? 3. Are there any implications to taking donations while PayPal verification is still pending? Many thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ellenshonor
New Community Member

I have been trying to confirm charity status for months. The message in the resolution center says "we'll take it from here"...and says you'll get a response in three days. It has been five months. Nothing. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.