Unauthorized Hard Inquiry on Equifax Credit Report

Pal102
New Community Member

On March 16, 2018, I received an alert from credit karma, telling me that a hard inquiry had been made on my credit, and that my credit score was lowered because of it.  I never authorized this inquiry.  The inquiry was made by: CCB/PPC  at <removed>, TIMONIUM, MD 21093, and the phone number suppied belongs to National Credit Card Cos, and it is <removed>.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Brennafree
I also was alerted by credit karma of a hard inquiry by "Bill me late" Timonium Md. It also was not authorized. And i disconnected by bank from pay pal because of it.
Login to Me Too

airzinnn
New Community Member

I've received my second one of these IN A YEAR! I'm beyond **bleep** and ready to leave Paypal. I did not authorize this the first time. I sure as **bleep** didn't authorize it the second time. I hope someone files a class action lawsuit. The first time paypal told me to contact the bank. The bank told me to contact my credit reporting agency. The credit reporting agency told me to contact paypal and the never ending loop.... now I cannot even get in contact with anyone to help!

Login to Me Too

xJeallen3x
Contributor
Contributor
I also have this issue as of April 22, 2020. An unauthorized hard inquiry made from SYNCB/PAYPAL TIMONIUM MD, 21094. This is unacceptable and I would like it removed or I will be seeking a lawyer.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526DA
Contributor
Contributor
Has anyone had any success with this yet and can update on what to do? Mine showed up Jan 6, 2021, I’ve attempted to contact PayPal multiple times in multiple ways and I also contacted the credit bureau and I’ve had zero luck with any of this on having it removed from my credit report! I even contacted PayPal and asked them to please provide me with the information confirming this inquiry and proving that it was my application just anything to verify that it’s mine and I can’t dispute it and they won’t even respond to that! And I’ll call the customer service number or all the numbers I found online so far and can never get through it always tells me this number is not a working number at this time So the customer service phone numbers are no good as far as I’m concerned I’ve sent emails and talked with their automated help our program and ask them to forward messages to a customer service agent nothing has been successful, any updates with from any of y’all who is going through this and been successful would be greatly appreciated thanks guys hope everyone has luck with this!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.