Sending money against a service purchased from a supplier in another country

gbanyal
Contributor
Contributor

Dear community,

I am registered as a small business in Germany. I have a € PayPal account. I am purchasing some software services from India for my business. The supplier in India has issued an invoice with INR as currency, which I need to pay to a specified Indian bank account.

I wonder if my personal PayPal account can be used for paying to this merchant, by sending money to his bank account in India? How is this done and what is the fee?

Please help.

Thanks,

Gaurav.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gbanyal 

1. INR is not a supported currency in PayPal, so you will need to pay in € anyway.

2. The vendor needs to have a PayPal account to accept your PayPal payment. Because vendor only gave you a specified Indian bank account to accept payment, you cannot use PayPal to pay it. If vendor accepts PayPal, they would send a PayPal invoice or give you their PayPal email address to send them a goods and services payment. Vendor can also give any email address for you to send payment to and they can later sign up for a PayPal account to claim payment.

In order for PayPal India users to accept PayPal payment, they also need to complete kyc process once they register.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gbanyal 

1. INR is not a supported currency in PayPal, so you will need to pay in € anyway.

2. The vendor needs to have a PayPal account to accept your PayPal payment. Because vendor only gave you a specified Indian bank account to accept payment, you cannot use PayPal to pay it. If vendor accepts PayPal, they would send a PayPal invoice or give you their PayPal email address to send them a goods and services payment. Vendor can also give any email address for you to send payment to and they can later sign up for a PayPal account to claim payment.

In order for PayPal India users to accept PayPal payment, they also need to complete kyc process once they register.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.