Paypal.me not adding new countries

Diveboatslave
Contributor
Contributor

The list of countries that PayPal.me is available in does not appear to have changed in 2 years.

I've been waiting 2 years for New Zealand to be added to the list, but we're still out in the cold. We're not a 3rd World country and have access to full PayPal services, except for PayPal.me. Have they just given up on growing this service or what?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diveboatslave 

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal.me payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Diveboatslave
Contributor
Contributor

That makes no sense, I can receive payments to my PayPal account in NZ no problem at all, and PayPal.me is linked to your PayPal account so what is the problem? I've been keeping an eye on the number of countries that PayPal.me is available in, and it has not changed in over a year, it seems like they just aren't trying to add anymore countries beyond the ones already on the list.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Diveboatslave 

Sense or no sense, its not available in your country at the moment unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.