PayPal app eating both CPU and battery--even after uninstalling it

Ba-da-damm
New Community Member

I hadn't opened the PayPal app in weeks, but these past few days I kept getting warnings on my phone (Samsung Galaxy A32, Android 11) that PayPal was using too much CPU. This happened daily. I also found out that the app had been using 25 % of the battery. So I uninstalled it yesterday.

Today the CPU warning is back, but for "com.paypal.android.p2pmobile", which is using 12 % of the CPU and also draining the battery. Despite having been uninstalled.

A quick google search also found a Reddit thread with other Samsung Galaxy users who reported the same problem.

How do I get rid of the com.paypal-thing, when I already uninstalled the app? I can't have my smartphone slowed down and drained daily by an app that's neither in use nor installed.

(And in case someone from PayPal is reading this: I first emailed the email address provided for app feedback in Google Play. Got an automated response saying I should log into the app to contact you, if there's an issue. Has it occurred to you that people are more likely to need to contact you, if there's a problem with the app, and that they might not be able to access the contact information provided in the app?

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Yuleylia
New Community Member
Same here. Samsung galaxy s21 FE. Latest Android. Even after blocking the app, I ended up removing it but the com.paypal.android.p2pmobile get on working on its own... This is really NOT okay.
Login to Me Too

Angelinsane
New Community Member
Same issue. PayPal was draining 50% of my battery daily. Uninstalled and now I have the com.paypal process continuing to drain my 50% of my battery. I have OPPO Reno 2. Just tried rebooting to see it the process disappears from daily battery usage. Have to wait till tomorrow
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.