PayPal Credit Not working for anything

EM0423
Contributor
Contributor

I setup my PayPal account, I started the PayPal credit, got approved, but it doesn't let me use it for anything... I tried to buy something online, doesn't work, tried to use it on Ebay, doesn't work, tried paying an invoice to someone for them drywalling and painting my basement, doesn't work, tried to just send them money from it because it said that was an option, doesn't work... How come I was approved for this but it doesn't work for anything? How can I get this work properly? Any insight would be appreciated...Thank you!

Login to Me Too
139 REPLIES 139

Adidom
New Community Member

I spoke to their customer service team, it is a known issue and they said they are working on it but they still seem to have the same problem months later.  It’s not your credit rating or history it’s their system. 

Login to Me Too

IG857

I am so glad I have found folks with a similar issue so I know I am not crazy. Got approved for $3K CL in Sept. 2017 as of 03/31/18, I have NOT ONCE been able to make a single transaction. CSR's are making things up so they don't have to admit that they simply don't know why this is happening...  Wondering if the PayPal transactions that they want to see are from my PayPal account using my own money before I use PPC? 

Login to Me Too

kg201
Contributor
Contributor

Similar problem!

I've had paypal credit for years with no issue.

Suddenly, I can't use it anywhere. 

Every time I try to use it, I get this message:

"Your application can't be processed.

We're sorry but you won't be able to use PayPal Credit for this purchase. Please choose another payment method."

What? I have an account. What application? 

And of course, no one in customer service has been able to help.

Login to Me Too

MVeldey
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone found a way to fix the "Cant process application" Ordeal? Ive been trying to buy car parts for my sons car and i was accepted for 3k and ive only once been able to spend 28 dollars and now it wont let me spend 10 dollars? its very frustrating getting this credit to stare at.

Login to Me Too

Vgand123
New Community Member
That is the exact message I get each time
Login to Me Too

silent006
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone fix this problem? Saying that you cant purchase an item because you don't meet credit standards with an approved credit amount makes absolutely no sense what so ever! Ive never need a creditor offer credit and not actually give it out because you don't meet necessary financial standards of a certain product. Is there a reason for a credit limit? Wasn't there a reason why we got approved in the first place? They didn't a flipping credit check on me when i got approved. Other forums are saying different things, its not your because you don't meet financial responsibility but because of security checks, or you web browser isn't up to date.

this is a complete epic fail.

Login to Me Too

PDiddles
Just curious if you found a answer? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too

PDiddles
I've been getting this same problem and now I will have a dispute with a ebay purchase as I cannot pay for it with the credit as I originally planned when bidding
Login to Me Too

AnnaCrafts
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal Credit is useless. Approved but cannot use regardless of item, amount of purchase or vendor that accepts PayPal. Why offer customers a service if they can’t use it? After years of being hesitant I decided to give PayPal and eBay a try, now I’m starting to regret that decision. Very disappointed.
Login to Me Too

Jr35
Contributor
Contributor
I’m same just bought a drone for £1500 on eBay thinking I can use £3000 credit and now I’m stuck where I can’t pay useless
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.