PayPal Credit DPP Issue - PayPal won't close the account

lolasaurusrex
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone, Apologies in advance for what will undoubtedly be a bit of a ramble! In 2021 I completed a Debt Payment Plan (DPP) arranged by the Scottish DAS administrator via StepChange debt charity. Upon completion of the DPP PayPal were sent confirmation by StepChange that it had concluded but they have failed to close the account. I've been trying to get this resolved for over a year, unfortunately PayPal are ignoring every attempt I make at contacting them. I have opened cases on the PayPal site more than once, which are ignored and eventually closed. I have called Customer Service and been transferred to the department who handle Credit accounts, who told me that StepChange agreed to exclude PayPal from the DPP. I then queried StepChange about this, who confirmed that 1) this is not something that can be done in DPPs in Scotland, and 2) PayPal both agreed to the DPP and recieved the agreed upon sums of money from StepChange. I have made a formal complaint on the advice of StepChange debt charity, which PayPal have also ignored. I'm at a total loss as to what to do at this point. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of issue, or have a mechanism by which I could contact PayPal in a way that might help resolve it? Thanks in advance! Jon
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.