Pay-in-4 no longer an option??

EyeofCha0s
New Community Member

So I've been using Pay-in-4 for about a year now. I live in an area with no cell service so I dont have a cell phone to use Afterpay, ect. Ive always paid my Pay in 4s on time and never missed a payment. A few weeks ago I was declined and was sent a message that I had reached my limit (I didn't even know there was a limit), so I paid off a few transactions, but still couldn't use it. This time I got a message saying there was "suspicious activity". Now the option wont even show up.

I contacted CS who was not helpful at all and simply told me to wait and it will come back. Again I can't use other "Pay-in-4" sources because they require a cell phone instead of a email (which is stupid). I've read many others have this issue as well, but never really found an answer. Does anyone know how long the wait is to when I can use this feature again? The "you've reached the limit" seems BS to me as I mentioned, I paid several payments off. 

This was such a nice and easy feature, but I am beyond frustrated at Paypal.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@EyeofCha0s 

You’ll have to use your own funding source to pay for the time being. The system does internal checks and computes an internal scoring to determine to approve app or not.

Maybe you were leaning on Pay in 4 too much, having multiple loans out and seem “suspicious” because you kept trying over and over to get Pay in 4 to appear or doing some manipulation with your account trying to use it. As customer service told you, just wait. This happens with all their loan products. It’ll eventually be available again.

How is my application for Pay in 4 assessed? 

Our decisioning process is automated and we assess your financial position, the information you provided within your application, and information about your usage and history with PayPal to decide whether Pay in 4 is suitable for you at this time. We may also use external bureau data to assess your application.

My Pay in 4 application has been declined. Why?
If your application gets declined, you can still use PayPal to check out securely with other payment methods in your wallet. We will send you an email explaining why your application didn't go through.

Why could I use Pay Later before but can’t with the same merchant now?
Pay Later eligibility will vary by merchant and individual shopping experience. The Pay Later checkout options will be displayed if the option is available for the specific merchant as well as the transaction amount and type. Keep in mind, not all goods and services are eligible. If for some reason the items in your cart are not eligible for Pay Later, the offer will not be available. Eligibility is also based on your state of residence, so, for example, you may be eligible for one Pay Later product, but not another.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Kblue444
New Community Member
I totally agree with you. Mine said unusual activity as well. Look, it's me and if I can afford the payments then what's so unusual about that. Meta has been creating and utilizing algorithms for far to long now. I don't think the PayPal app knows whether to scratch it's watch or wind it's butt anymore. I have tried and tried to update certain info; to no avail. Just wait they say!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.