Is the PayPal Holiday Giveaway Free Entry Method working?

hargrovekr
Contributor
Contributor

I got an email promoting "Win up to $20 Million this Holiday" saying "Every time you checkout with PayPal for $10 or more, you’re automatically entered for a weekly chance to win $25, $50, $250, or $10,000 to shop with PayPal." 

It also has a "No Purchase Necessary" method, but each time I follow the instructions, it loops and no entries are registered. I've copied the rules below. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this entry method broken? Could it be fixed? I have tried Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Without Making Qualified Payments: To enter without making a Qualified Payment, customers must visit the Promotional Site, then click on the Free Entry Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/holiday-giveaway/terms-amoe) and follow instructions to log in with their PayPal account, agree to these Official Rules, and click submit to receive fifty (50) entry into the applicable Weekly Entry Period associated with the time and date the entry is received. All entries must be received by the end of the applicable Weekly Entry Period in order to participate in that Weekly Entry Period. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Proof of submission is not considered proof of receipt by Sponsor of such entry.

Login to Me Too
223 REPLIES 223

Elfkincatcher
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve got the same problem… I have won £50 but where to spend it and how is not explained. Can you spend it anywhere that accepts pay pal or only merchants linked to PP? I know AO are one such but have no idea how to use this £50. What about EBay?? Does anyone know the answer?!?!?
Login to Me Too

Moanne47
New Community Member

Me too have no idea where the money is stored or how to use it, I think it's very sneaky of PayPal not to make this process easier I feel I've been tricked in to using PayPal over other payment method!!

Login to Me Too

handmadetsunami
Contributor
Contributor

I won some money in the holiday prize draw, I can see it in the rewards section of the app but when I tried to checkout on a website it was trying to take money from my bank account. How do I spend this money?

Login to Me Too

Peter334
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, it comes off automatically when you make a purchase!

Login to Me Too

locomo
Contributor
Contributor

There's no sign of it even being in my account. Shouldnt they be visible in the wallet?

Login to Me Too

Peter334
Contributor
Contributor
If you made a transaction, even before you knew you won, it might have come off as “ special offer”
Login to Me Too

Chiily63
New Community Member

I recently won in the holiday giveaway and it said I had won $50. I checked in my wallet and it showed the $50 would apply to my purchase. I placed an order for $53 and it only applied $35 to my order. Anyone else have this happen or know how to contact PayPal? I tried to open a dispute and received a response that it didn’t qualify for a dispute.

Login to Me Too

MelsStarsky
Contributor
Contributor
I can't even find my winnings! Nothing loaded into the wallet.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220813bt
Contributor
Contributor

I keep receiving emails that tell me I earned one entry to PayPal’s holiday giveaway, but when I click Track Your Entries, there is never any! Where are they hidden?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220813bt 

Check again later. There’s no other place they can be.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.