I can't create invoice: "something seems to have gone wrong"

mwra
Contributor
Contributor

When I try to create an invoice I only ever get an empty box with the message "We're sorry something seems to have gone wrong" . I'd post an image but the upload process rejects both JPG and PNG.

FWIW, I have a business account. I can find old invoice templates (I've not used them for about 7 years). If I try to use those, I just get a spinning cursor.

I've tried using safari (my main browser), Chrome and Firefox, all with the same result.  I've tried on macOS 12.2 (my main computer) and also on a Windows 10 PC.  I've cleared caches, etc. All approaches fail. The Help resources don't cover this. 

How on earth to I send an invoice.  This *used* to work.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @mwra,

Welcome to the community forum! I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to create an invoice. Thank you for posting your troubleshooting steps. Have you tried to send it to the same person each time, or to different people? If there are any other details about the steps you're using that you can share, that may help the community provide assistance.

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

mwra
Contributor
Contributor

To recreate:

• In the 'Quick Links' panel, click Invoicing
  • Click 'Create invoice' button top right
  • Get screen with error massage "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong"
  • Using the latter page's 'Try Again' button has the same result

This is what I see:

invoice-fail

You ask: "Have you tried to send it to the same person each time, or to different people?"

It makes no difference as I can't even get to stage one, please see step 4 above and the image I've provided.

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hello @mwra,

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble creating an invoice. Here's an article from our Help Center on how to create an invoice. If you're using the quick invoice selection, please be sure that your phone or mobile device has the most up to date operating system. If you have additional questions you can contact us here.

Thanks!

Michelle W 

Login to Me Too

mwra
Contributor
Contributor

I'm confused. I'm using a Web browser (any of Safari/Firefox/Chrome) on a Mac, some phonepad apps are of no use.

I invoice process fails the moment I start an invoice, something your help docs fail to cover. I know how to make an invoice.  it's just your website fails when I try to do so.  Likely some broken back-end setting but all the system offers is a 'Try again' button which fails exactly the same way. The help documents are so vague as to be no help at all and make the error of not covering what happens if things don't work.

I'd like to send and invoice. Been trying for several weeks now. No one seems able to offer practical help other than pointing me at irrelevant Help pages that don't cover the problem at hand.

Login to Me Too

qazxsw22
Contributor
Contributor

Same here.

I tried to create an invoice LAST YEAR and had this issue. Called PP, was told the standard "clear cache", etc.

I tried again recently, and got the same run around. PP acted as though the issue is only experienced by me. Safari, Chrome, Firefox. Reset, cleared, you name it. Nothing.

Today, PP sent me email, telling me that I should be using their system to issue invoices and get paid easier. No worries, I will give it a go - again. Failed again. Same error message.

I notice that PP has not answered your issue. Did you solve it?

Login to Me Too

mwra
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

No never fixed.  All suggestions inappropriate to the context (probably following a fixed script rather than using info supplied). I gave up in the end and invoiced via other means.

Out of interest just tried to make an involve. Still failing in the same manner.

I've had a Paypal account for a long time and I suspect the accounts got mangled by some server end change. Support systems are often scripted to deal with expected issues so fail badly if the error doesn't fit in any of the supplied response scripts. An effective system should elevate the problem to a more experienced staff member (and/or one with wider system access who can thus see the problem).

I can but hope this bug eventually hits a higher profile customer where there is a requirement to fix it. That fix will likely fix us too. 😀

Login to Me Too

qazxsw22
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, exactly the same here, standard "fixes" - I must admit though, the latest person was genuinely interested and baffled by things. He advised me to contact another division of pp, hopefully that is fruitful.

Login to Me Too

qazxsw22
Contributor
Contributor

An update on this matter, as pp merchant support finally got back to me and we exchanged some messages today.

I've edited my reply. The journey was not pleasant and there's no point cluttering this thread.

Long story short, I can now access invoicing again.

Login to Me Too

mandyjkloppers
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. Paypal is so inconsistent and unreliable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.