Few Problems With Paypal Account/Zettle

n1stunnor
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

I made a bit of mess this morning and tried calling support to fix this all but they are not open.

I've been using Paypal Here for a few years and recently there was a message that it will no longer be supported in the U.S. as of April 3rd and to sign up for Zettle.

So just about an hour ago I googled Zettle and clicked the top google result and tried to sign up and get the card reader. It wouldn't let me go past the post code saying it was invalid. It took me a few minutes then I figured out it was because it was the Great Britain version. OK, so then I found the U.S. version and tried to make the account/get the reader, but then it tells me my email is already being used by Zettle Great Britain (the one I accidentally just tried to sign up for thinking it was U.S Zettle). 

My normal email is yahoo that I've used at Paypal for many years and that I tried using on what I wrote above. Ok I try to delete that Great Britain Set-up process using my yahoo email but there's no way to. Their support is also closed.

OK, so then I try to sign-up for Zettle/get the card reader using a different email of mine, a gmail one. When doing so I guess it opened a new Paypal Business account. I didn't know that, I thought it was just that you had to sign-up for Zettle and since It wouldn't let me with my regular yahoo email (because of the Great Britain snafu above) I did it with my gmail email. But then I thought well I think my Paypal(original-Yahoo one been using for years) is already a business account. So I log into that one and to my surprise it's actually not because there was an "upgrade to business" link. So I clicked that to do so, so I could do the Zettle with my regular Yahoo email that's also the email used on my Paypal(original) account. 

So I went back to the newly created gmail used Paypal account to try and close it and it won't let me it says it's under review and you can't close account under review. And now when I try to log into my regular Paypal account(yahoo one) it keeps taking me back to the "fill in business info" part of it over and over.

What a mess. I'm sorry.

1) Need newly created paypal business account closed(gmail one). I'll keep using my regular one I've been using for years.

2) Need Zettle Great Britain to remove my email from the sign up process there so that I can use it on the U.S. Zettle.

3) Then I can finish upgrading my regular (yahoo) paypal account to a business one and do the Zettle/card reader.

Thanks for your time.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.