Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

LesG1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  Interestingly, I don't remember actually setting up that /extension...hmm.  Unfortunately, it's been several years since my PayPal account was setup.  It's not a good enough reason to not have the ability to use something more pertinent to our business.   Do you recommend I set up a new account and start from scratch?   Appreciate your comments.   LesG

Login to Me Too

catschaitea
Contributor
Contributor

This issue was posted five years ago in Nov 2015, and it is still a problem.  It isn't me that is inconvenienced.  PayPal must also be losing business because people cannot update their paypal.me URL.  I would like to use mine on my baby registry to receive cash gifts, but I also set-up the URL months ago for a fundraiser without realizing it was permanent.  I cannot use what I have for my registry.  Too bad PayPal.  We both lose. 

Login to Me Too

ZayFro

I find it absolutely illogical as to why people can't edit their Paypal.Me link. I legitimately cannot fathom the logic behind it other than the company is simply too lazy and stubborn to simplify the user experience. 
Even if someone were to engage in illegal or near illegal activities, people choose to voluntarily send money at the end of the day. 
I'm stuck with a former nickname I both dislike and regret. 

Login to Me Too

melissadeeprose
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously Paypal.... people use your services for business purposes?? Put all the security measures in place thats cool but let us change the name 

Login to Me Too

Qwurk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Why can I not change my PayPal.me/name?

Will it ever be possible to change our PayPal.me/name? And if it’s in the pipeline to resolve when can we expect a resolution date?

Thanks, David 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Qwurk 

No you can't edit it, that is why paypal say this >>

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Norschach
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah this is a critical missing feature that renders pp.me useless to many people. People change and so do businesses - Setting up a link that reflects your current situation does not mean that it will be of relevance 8 years later. The fact that there's a message saying 'choose carefully' does not make people automatically foresee the future. Having to create another separate account and jump through all the hoops that it involves seems like an extremely excessive solution to a very simple problem.

It's been almost 6 years since this thread was originally opened so I'm guessing the issue will never be addressed.

Login to Me Too

HollieWJ
This really isn’t explained well enough on the set-up section. I thought it was a unique link for requesting money for one thing, now I’m stuck with a stupid username forever for an item I’m selling on Facebook marketplace!
Login to Me Too

10basetom

To make matters worse, there seems to be a bit of misinformation here:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-manage-my-paypal.me-link-faq3921

In the link above, they actually show you how to "edit your PayPal.Me link", but of course you cannot complete step 3 (Click the Edit icon next to "Your PayPal username") since there is no Edit icon.

Login to Me Too

heaveyb
Contributor
Contributor

Yep - I just had same issue - setup my URL for an office fundraiser not realising it was a permanent thing, and now stuck with it - and the Help is far from helpful. Just wasted 10 mins of my life trying to update the URL when clearly it is not possible!

This is something I have found with PayPal Help - its not actually related to the actual site - I had the same problem regards wanting to managed the stored delivery addresses that appear in lists when using PayPal via various websites, however doesn't seem that this possible besides the Help saying it is!

Anyway not holding out any hope on this, but hugely disappointing given their sizeable development budgets and the relative simplicity of the new feature!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.