Contributor
Contributor

Is it possiable to change the paypal.me url? if so how

Login to Me Too
376 REPLIES 376

brank87
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal Please!!! I need to change my URL!

Login to Me Too

ypinto
Contributor
Contributor

Help please 

the help desk is telling me that to change/delete my link I need to delete my entire account and create a new one!!??!!! mmmmm somehow I don't believe this!

My original link I created it with a school class name (clearly I made a mistake) - now I want to create a link with my name PAYPAL.ME/MYNAME

any thoughts??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ypinto 

No you can't edit it, that is why paypal say this >>

Once you create your PayPal.Me link, you won’t be able to edit it. So choose carefully!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ypinto
Contributor
Contributor

I have already made the mistake - it is ridiculous that they cannot delete the link internally and expect me to delete my entire account and create a new one...

if the tech support people can "change" my name - they can surely delete a link - there is nothing permanent on this webpages ALL can be changed if they have the right knowledge.... why is this not being offered by their tech team??

Login to Me Too

MillenniumLion
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just going to add my two cents to the pot. It is an incredible problem that the paypal.me link cannot be changed, especially for loyal users who have been with Paypal for many years and use it for business. I set up a link that I never intended to use for business purposes years ago, but now that I would like to use my account for my upcoming business endeavors I can't change it to a more appropriate business-related name that makes sense to the customers. 

Guess I'll be moving on over to Stripe to handle all my business transactions. Paypal can just keep losing business from small business owners until they get their act together. Not going to start an entirely new account with you guys and apply for a new debit card, change my eBay associations, etc. just to change a URL.

Login to Me Too

jcwaldron
New Community Member

It's been four years since this was brought up as a problem with Paypal, and they still haven't made it so we can change or delete our links!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jcwaldron 

They said 4 years ago that they had no plans to change the policy so to them its not a problem to be fixed.

You just have to be careful when you select a name in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BURSTKristin
New Community Member

I'm no longer with the company that is in my current URL. Do I have to close my account and make a new one?

thank you,

Kristin

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BURSTKristin 

No, still can't edit the url. You'll need to create a new account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jennifer8
Contributor
Contributor
They have not changed it. There is a petition on page 27. I'd be interested to know what percentage of those that are happy with the current policy are men, of all the people I have ever known to change their name not a single one of them was a man. All changed due to marriage, abuse or estrangement. Just another example of the inherent sexism of our society. (That's not to say that only women would want it changed either, there are plenty of other valid examples in these pages - it's the mentality of those that cannot fathom change I'm commenting on)
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.