Activate QR code printed material

JaynePen27
Contributor
Contributor
Hope someone can help. Generated a WR code for business and received the QR printed materials and it says it’s easy to activate each QR code. Just go into the app, scan and activate. I cannot even find this option! When I scan the QR code it says, it says it needs to be activated by the seller. That’s what I’m trying to do. Can anyone help.
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

PayPal_JonK

Hello @JaynePen27

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues setting up your QR code. I found a Help Center article to guide you through a few basic troubleshooting steps here: How do I set up my PayPal QR code?

If you're still having issues after that, please reach out to our Customer Support teams by clicking "Contact" at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

I hope that helps! 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

version3point1
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_JonK Nope. The suggested walkthrough does not work. Both apps have either been updated or changed since both the printed and online instructions were issued as neither the printed instructions or the linked page offer a solution and the error "This QR code needs to be activated by the seller" comes up with all codes in the pack.

@JaynePen27I have the same problem unfortunately and I haven't had any luck, so now I have a whole pack of redundant materials. Such a waste. I also tried the Personal App workaround as provided in the printed instructions, however, I get a completely different layout/menu in the app that doesn't correspond with what was printed. The same goes for Business App.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hello @version3point1

Thank you for your post. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening. I would please ask that you contact our customer service team to have this reviewed for you. 

To contact our Customer Service team, click 'Help' or 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal Webpage. 

You can also contact us via Facebook PM's or Twitter DM's. 
For Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal
For Twitter: @AskPayPal

Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

FayeAbigails
New Community Member

It's infuriating! I've been trying all day to activate the QR codes on the bundles I've purchased and nothing is working. No one is responding via the message centre. What a waste of charity money!  

Login to Me Too

TrevorSD
Contributor
Contributor
I’m in the same boat. Did you resolve the issue or get an answer?
Login to Me Too

TrevorSD
Contributor
Contributor
Did anyone get it fixed. I’ve been waiting on PayPal support for 2 days now, no answer so far.
Login to Me Too

grthdvd
New Community Member

I've been having the same issue. I asked PayPal support for help via email approximately a month ago and have heard nothing back. I purchased 6 different kits and none are usable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.