Why is PayPal checkout suddenly declining all card payments?

Boden
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently had PayPal Checkout implemented into my website and over the past week have been running live payments through it to test tpayments for the different services I offer. I have done this by checking out using my personal PayPal account and making payments into my linked merchant account. However when trying to make a purchase on Wednesday PayPal Checkout started declining my linked cards and now I am only able to pay using my PayPal Balance. At first I thought my bank may have declined the payments but I have also tried making purchases using my spouses PayPal account and using different cards as a guest. It would seem that PayPal checkout has decided to halt all credit/debit card transactions. 

Does anybody know why this maybe or how I can resolve the issue. As I mentioned it was working fine before. 

Thanks

Charlie

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

NalWilliams
New Community Member

I have been having this same issue as well since 8:00am EST. I am trying to make a purchase on Walmart site and an error keeps popping up as soon as I try to check out. Its annoying and frustrating. The first transaction went through but not the second one. I am paying through my Paypal balance. This is my first time with this company and I dont like them at all. I am on hold with customer service now via phone. Been waiting to speak with someone for 45 minutes now.  So glad I am not the only one experiencing this. 

Login to Me Too

santodar
Contributor
Contributor

I have this problem too. I bought a dozen things on ebay using my paypal account attached to ebay and suddenly paypal declined my visa card. I can`t attach other cards becose they are declined too but they are valid and I pay with those cards every day in a grocery store, gas station, cinema, etc... What happened? Is it something conected with GDPR law????

Login to Me Too

Hittori
New Community Member
I have been having this problem for over a week now. Unable to pay with any of the cards or add new ones. At first I thought there was a problem with the cards but the bank and card issuer said that they should be working perfectly.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.