Visa Gift Card With Payment

MarieC2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! My PayPal account has around $50 and I want to use it all up. I want to send some money to my friend, but I noticed that I needed to add a card to make payments. I ended up connecting an old, unexpired Visa Gift Card that has around $2 in it. I only want to use my PayPal just to send the $50 to my friend. However, there seems to be an error. It does not give me an option to pay it with my balance. What can I do? I do not want to pay with anything else but the current $50 in my balance. Do I need another type of card? I would really appreciate some help, thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MarieC2 

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

MarieC2
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

I really appreciate the help, but when I go to change my preferred payment option, it only gives me the option for the Visa Card and not my actual PayPal balance. I have used another prepaid card (a MasterCard) before with $1 last year, and it let me pay with my PayPal balance. What should I do? Was there a policy change or something?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MarieC2 

Sounds as if you may be affected by this newish policy.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.