Strange "pending" issue/glitch involving "Card"?

toebeans
Contributor
Contributor

I've had no problems with my PayPal since I've made my account some 13 years ago, but recently I've had two instances of money from my PayPal account being stuck in "pending limbo".  I always transfer my funds using my Visa card, and the transactions have been listed in the summaries as "VISA Card, Instant transfer using Card", With my Card # shown, my name, the usual information, as well as an email saying "transaction completed."

Back on August 12, 2019, I transferred about $75 the same way I always do, however this time it was just simply listed as "Card, Transfer using Card", with no other information listed....not my name or my card number, and with no email saying the "transaction was completed". The money deposited into my bank account normally, but then I realize about four days later, the money was removed from my bank account, listed as "Adjustment - Star Denied Rev".  I've yet to be reimbursed for that money in my PayPal account, as it is still listed as "pending", and I assumed the $75 was completely lost

Strange thing is, I made another money transfer on August 15, 2019, and everything went through without a hitch. Then, last night, (August 25, 2019), I made another transfer of about $100, and I got that weird "Card" error again, and the money is still stuck as "pending", once again not receiving an email saying the "transaction was completed".  This has to be some kind of system glitch or something, I'm worried that I've completely lost $175 due to some weird glitch.  Can someone help me?  Preferably an actual person, because I've scoured almost the entire FAQ and saw no answer to anything of this nature.  Thanks~

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@toebeans 

Contact customer service for assistance/to review your account:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@toebeans 

Contact customer service for assistance/to review your account:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or private message via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

Login to Me Too

Krauner
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker 

I had this same / similar issue on a transaction from 08/16 for $300.00.  I have also made several (10+) calls and just get canned answers mentioning a VISA processing issue dating back to 06/10.   I've spoken with 11 reps and 3 supervisors.  No one seems to help.

Worse, no one seems to be able to give me an estimate of resolution.  This is becoming a full-time job trying to sort this out as I've invested over 8 hours on the phone.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Krauner 

Don't know what to tell you. This is beyond what user to user help forums could advise or resolve other than to keep contacting PayPal customer service to trace the transaction. It's technical back end stuff which no one here has access to. 

Or open a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to resolve the issue.

Even try double checking switching or restarting your wifi connection on router or computer/mobile device to ensure full signal, no lags in page loads before attempting a transaction as that could affect the data processing/passing through properly or not.

Login to Me Too

toebeans
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, sorry, this issue is far from "solved".  I've still seen no results, even after I've called customer support to have them "push through" a request to have the payments cancelled and that was over a week ago.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@toebeans 

I didn't mark it solved, by the way. Have to put the pressure on and call again or open a with bbb.org as in the other response to escalate it to a upper dept.

Login to Me Too

jmm14da
Contributor
Contributor
Have you gotten your money back yet? I am having the same exact problem but with about $580 and its very aggravating.
Login to Me Too

toebeans
Contributor
Contributor

I actually DID get reimbursed for ONE of my transfers, and it was the $100 one, which is the most recent one.  The $75 transfer from back in August 12th, unfortunately, is still stuck in pending limbo. It's been over a month and I've still not been fully reimbursed.

Login to Me Too

jmm14da
Contributor
Contributor

Well thats terrible news lol, did you have to continually contact them? Ive been contacting them every weekday for the past 2 weeks with no avail. They continue to tell me its a tech issue, they are working on it and I am marked as a top priority. Very frustrating dealing with these people, especially when I cant get a u.s. rep

Login to Me Too

GazaIan
Contributor
Contributor

Been having a very similar issue and I dread that I'm going to have to go through the same foolishness. I always do instant transfers to my account over my card since the fee is pretty small but I have one $58 transfer that's just stuck pending with no one at PayPal able to do anything. At least I managed to get someone who knew what they were talking about. For whatever reason, that single transfer shows up as a transfer to a "Credit Card" despite me transferring to the same card every single time. The "transfer initiated" email even has the last four digits of the debit card I transferred to. I don't even have any credit cards connected to my account. 

How PayPal manages to be the largest online payment processor and screws up like this is astounding. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.