Scam

Robert968
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have been scammed by company purporting to be Mcafee who convinced me my contract had expired and i need to pay £238.80 to renew it. This I did via my Paypal account. I am 90 years old and have been told by my family, as well as Mcafee that this was an expensive scam! I have sent a message to Paypal but after two hours had a note back to say messages were currently not being dealt with. I have also sent a message to the company I paid requesting a refund via the Resolution Centre on Paypal but have little faith in them responding let alone refunding me. Do you have nay suggestions on how I can get my money back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kindest regards. <removed>

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Robert968 , I hope you're doing fine.

You can file a dispute with paypal for an unauthorized transaction.

Here's how :

Go to the Resolution Center.

Click Report a Problem.

Select the transaction you want to report and click Continue.

Select "I want to report unauthorized activity."

Follow the steps to report the transaction.

After you provide more information, we prompt you to change your password and security questions to help protect you from further unauthorized activity.

You can also check if that was listed to a pre approved payments.

To know how, click this link : https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-an-unauthorized-transaction-or-account-a...

I hope this helps. If you find this helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Have a great day and keep safe.

Login to Me Too

Robert968
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your response and advice. That is really kind.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.