Required to send image of scratched gift card to transfer payments

BriannEddy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, so I am a new seller and I recently made a new sale. The customer wanted to buy a product ($100) and wanted to include $200 worth of Xbox gift cards even though that is not what I sell. They included the gift card's money in the payment but the payment wouldn't go through so I went on an bought the gift cards with my own money. I then got an email from Paypal saying that the buyer had already paid but Paypal wouldn't transfer the money onto my account until I would "reply" to that email with images of the gift card's codes. I felt iffy about doing that but I sent the gift card codes to that email. After a while, I got another email telling me that they received the gift cards but I needed to wait 24 hours for them to verify the gift cards and then transfer the $300 onto my account. It has been nearly 2 days and nothing has happened. Was I scammed or do I have to keep on waiting for Paypal to transfer the money onto my account? I'm not sure what to do now. The customer and I have been in constant communication but absolutely no response from them now. Someone, please help!!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.