Pending payment

Sillygilly58
Contributor
Contributor

The item I have bought is saying payment pending, and seller hasn't accepted money yet. The full amount shows the funds have taken from my account. I'm a bit confused as to what this means. Any advice please? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sillygilly58

ok then the ONLY time that you get a cancel option is when the email address you sent the payment to does not exist/not linked to a paypal account.

Sounds as if the seller has made a typo with his email address on his auction OR sent you an incorrectly spelt email address.

That payment is going nowhere so i would just cancel it BUT it may take a few day to go back to your paypal balance or funding source dependent on how you funded it in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sillygilly58

Is it to a company or private seller / ebay?

Does it say pending / unclaimed?

If it does then is there a cancel option?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sillygilly58
Contributor
Contributor
  • Hi,
  • I'm not sure but I think it's a private seller. PayPal is giving a cancel option. This has not happened to me before so not sure wether to cancel. Any advice grateful! Thanks
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sillygilly58

ok then the ONLY time that you get a cancel option is when the email address you sent the payment to does not exist/not linked to a paypal account.

Sounds as if the seller has made a typo with his email address on his auction OR sent you an incorrectly spelt email address.

That payment is going nowhere so i would just cancel it BUT it may take a few day to go back to your paypal balance or funding source dependent on how you funded it in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.