Pending Refund? (Screenshots Included) Help

BriceDavis937
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I owed a friend $170, I tried to send the $170 from my bank account through paypal to his account by phone number.

I accidentally sent it to the wrong phone number.

I hit cancel and refund.

The $170 got took out of my bank account.

Now it says refund pending +$170 under recent activity.

I think I made a huge mistake by refunding. I thought refund meant that the money would be given back to me. Im highly stressed out because I needed that money. Any help is greatly appreciated.

pp.pngpp2.pngpp3.png

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @BriceDavis937,

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal. I'm sorry to know that you are experiencing this kind of situation. 

Regarding your concern about the refund status, this Help Center article might provide additional information:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-refund-pending-faq3953?app=searchAutoComplete

As of the moment, since we would just have to follow the time frame set up by the bank, we would really have to wait for it to be processed. Additionally, since it is already showing as pending refund, it had already left the PayPal system and should be on its way back to the bank account.

Hope this helps. Please keep safe. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.