Paypal will not accept email address of person i want to pay

Tobiasjug
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to pay someone who is registered with paypal, but it comes up with "not a valid email address" when I try to search for them. How can I solve this? I tried typing their name in also as it gives that as a supposed option, but it doesn't work either and says the same.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tobiasjug

Why not contact them and ask if the email address you are using is correct and linked / verified to their Paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tobiasjug
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, did that first. He says it's correct and I cut and pasted to make sure it wasn't a typo.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tobiasjug

Don't cut / paste it into the send money function or that is why it may show as invalid.

Some options don't recognise email addys that are cut / pasted.

Type it in yourself carefully to make sure not a spelling mistake.

Also make sure he has 'verified' that email address and is in a country that can recieve Paypal payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Tobiasjug
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I've tried both methods, as I half expected that. And the country definitely accepts paypal, and it is the address he has always used. Probably will just cancel the sale and find a different method. Thanks anyway.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.