Paypal WOn't refund my money!!

rishim83
New Community Member

ANYONE WHO CAN HELP:

I have been talking to Paypal for 6 months now with no resolution to the issue. $4900 at stake. Here are the details:

1. Over a period of 8 months, a paypal user used my bank account removing first smaller dollar amounts and then 6 months in, much larger amounts.

2. Since the first transactions were small, I did not notice it till much later, 8 months later.

3. The Bank has a policy where they will only refund transactions 60 days from FIRST fraud transaction. This leaves all BIG transactions un returned.

4. Paypal says yes they are fraud but bank has to ask for reverse ACH, which bank won't do because its past 60 days from first transaction. After begging, bank tries to reach out to paypal's bank wells fargo but wells fargo does not respond.

5. Money is sitting in fraud account's paypal account but payal will not transfer it to my account, and there seems to be NO WAY for me to get it out. Even after providing all the evidence from above, paypal will not budge and paypal's bank will not respond!!!

6. 6 months, countless minutes on the phone and multiple guarantees that the money will be back in my account and NOTHING!

Absolutely APPALLED by the customer service. Everytime i call i'm on hold for average 1 hour, people promise me things that NEVER pan out, i get emails from paypal saying the money will be refunded but they never follow through, i can never talk to the same person on the phone so I have to explain the situation to a new person everytime and after getting commitment that it will be done, that person disappears and no one holds responsibility. This is the WORST RUN organization ever and is not willing to find a solution!!!! 6 months and I'm going to have no option but to take them to court!!!!!!!

Has anyone experienced anything like this and PAYPAL DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY????????

Rishi

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

chelsearose1998
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has done a similar thing to me. I will sue them if they do not help me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.