Payment question please help

Tenchu205
New Community Member
I sold a PlayStation 4 to this man on letgo and he came to pick it up he paid me using PayPal he left and I checked to accept the money and it says it’s on hold and will be released after 7 days of verification but I didn’t ship anything so what is going on? Thank you in advance for the help I’m lost here.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tenchu205 

Personally I think you should never use Paypal for an item that is to be collected or personally delivered as you have 0 seller protection.

Your buyer can collect the item and then file a dispute for non receipt of item. As you would have no tracking number to prove delivery of the item to him then you 'may' lose the dispute.
Cash on collection always best and then you have no FEE either.

Normally with the new seller hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered. But as you can't do that for items collected then see if you can mark the item as shipped in the PayPal transaction details, and that may open up the capability for your buyer to go into the transaction details on their side, and acknowledge receipt of the item. That may allow the payment to be completed more quickly, if not you may have to wait 21 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.