Payment pending

Needhelpasap2
Contributor
Contributor
I was on a website earlier on just browsing and added some stuff to my cart , I didn’t click confirm payment or anything and then I went onto my banking and the money was gone. It says pay pal took the money . However when I went into my paypal account it wasn’t in the “activity” section either . I went onto my online banking and it says it’s pending I called my bank and they said PayPal has the money . I also contacted the seller and they didn’t receive any money either . PayPal aren’t answering their phones because they are closed due to covid-19. I don’t know what to do can someone please help!!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Needhelpasap2. I can tell how worried you are about the payment that's showing pending. Once you authorized the transaction, PayPal will be sending the request to your bank to set aside the money, thus, this money will be deducted from your available balance, but will not leave from your bank account until the seller captured or collected the money. Payment is showing pending on your bank's end because the seller has not collected the money yet. You do not have to worry because this authorization automatically falls off after 72 hours if the seller failed to capture the payment. Therefore this money will be going back to your bank account's available balance. Hope I was able to make you feel better. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

Needhelpasap2
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you soo much , you really put my mind at ease !!!! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to reply! Stay safe during these times .
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.