PayPal refuses to release my payment

sherry2001
Contributor
Contributor

Holy crap, I have never seen such lousy customer service in my life. Buyer bought something from me through FB BST group on 5 Nov. I sent her an invoice and she paid. I shipped it out the next day with tracking number VR820210447SG to Belgium. It was marked as delivered on 20 Nov and buyer has also confirmed delivery through FB messenger and assured me there were no issues with the package. This is my first time selling, so PayPal held my payment. I was okay with it and waited for the 1 day window for them to release my payment after successful delivery. However, they never released the money and said that I could only get the payment if buyer confirmed delivery on the PayPal website. But! There is no such function/button to do so, my buyer has tried multiple times and I suspect there is an issue on the PayPal website. After chasing and multiple screenshots of illustrating and explaining the problem to the CS agent (Steve), he told me the package is still getting shipped to the buyer and has not been delivered yet. if he actually even bothered to go to the website and copy-paste the tracking number, it is obviously delivered! Product is in buyer's hands! This is so terrible, PayPal's marketing is so misleading (1 day for payment to be released???) I thought that this was a safe platform for both buyers and sellers to transact with peace of mind but this has been a total mess. I don't know when I'm ever going to get my money, I can't believe I have to chase PayPal and submit so many proofs that the money should be released to me. Utterly ridiculous.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

byMorris
New Community Member
I am having similar issues, my friend has sent me 150 USD for my birthday on the 19th and it says it's pending in my account I have no access to it, PayPal really needs to fix this issue.
Login to Me Too

sherry2001
Contributor
Contributor

This is the absolutely worst customer service I have seen in my life. The CS agent with me (Steve) is totally useless. Have tried messaging via FB and twitter but nothing. No one human can be reached and I am never using this service as a seller again. This is simply so frustrating. How is it that such a big company with a good rep has so poor CS? Really regret not finding out more before using this service. Totally a scam with false advertising and misleading information! 😡

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.