Need to change account type

ZombiesByte
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to pay for something in instalments and got offered a 6 month or 12 month plan with 0%APR. Went to click to buy and the next page on PayPal told me that they couldn't offer me that deal. I don't understand why as I have an impeccable finance history (Credit score of 999 on Experian and 507 on clear score) I also have had no issues with PayPal and my account is up to date with regular activity so I'm a little shocked.

The message I received on screen was: 

We're sorry, we can't offer you PayPal Credit at the moment.

Please select another funding source to complete your purchase.

I have had no communication as to why that decision was reached.

The only thing that I can think of is that it is under a business account type. I actually had forgotten this when I closed the business down and updated eBay (but forgot about PayPal). Could this be the reason?

I have no other PayPal account and my personal debit card is registered as the payment option on this account so I can't go off just setting up a new one (plus I'd like to keep my account history) so downgrading back to personal seems like the only option.

I'm wanting to purchase a Christmas gift so time is of the essence.

I tried calling PayPal directly but after stating what I wanted to the automated service I got put through to a department message telling me that the department is now closed and is only available today during the time I called. <- that was not a typo. The service told me it wasn't open now but stated a time that it was open which was now and should be open for another 5 hours???

Can anyone suggest how I get through any of these problems?

Many thanks

James 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.