Money hasn’t been taken from bank account after a week

tdainton
New Community Member
I made an order on Saturday, March 28th and the payment is showing on PayPal but it hasn’t been taken from my bank account. Why is this happening? How much longer will I have to wait?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @tdainton 

I hope all is well. 

On top of what @KGonzaga said, PayPal sometimes funded a certain transaction. Meaning, your merchant will receive the payment instantly while PayPal is waiting for your bank to give us the money that normally takes 3-5-7 business days (bank dependent).

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @tdainton,

Thank you for reaching out to PayPal.

Regarding your concern about sending a payment, please refer to this Help Center article for details:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-send-money-faq1684?app=searchAutoComplete

If the funding source you've used is a bank account it would depend on the financial institution on how long they would be able to process the transfer of funds. However, if the transaction already shows on your PayPal account as completed amd you have received an email confirmation from PayPal that you've sent a payment, it would really be up to your bank to complete the transaction on their end. It would be best to contact them as well for additional information.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @tdainton 

I hope all is well. 

On top of what @KGonzaga said, PayPal sometimes funded a certain transaction. Meaning, your merchant will receive the payment instantly while PayPal is waiting for your bank to give us the money that normally takes 3-5-7 business days (bank dependent).

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.