I sent a payment to a unuse email

ims2bojio
Contributor
Contributor

So i sent a payment to an email which show by an automated system , but now seller contact me saying that email is not using anymore , what should i do to get back my payment(refund)

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ims2bojio 

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending (with a clearance date)
2. Pending/Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Pending/Unclaimed withOUT a cancel option.
4. Payment or Sent.
5. Pending/Uncleared with a clearance date.
6. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ims2bojio
Contributor
Contributor

Payment sent

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ims2bojio 

ok then it sounds as if you sent a family/friends or trusted person payment and not a payment for goods/services?

So are they a family member or close mate? Only scam sellers ask you to pay that way knowing that they can pretend they did not receive it and as you sent a gift payment you have negated your buyer protection.

That payment would have successfully completed to the email address / paypal account you sent it to, if it was un-used or closed then it would show as pending or unclaimed on your side.

If they just can't access it because of forgotten password etc then contacting customer services would sort that one out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ims2bojio
Contributor
Contributor

I sent him as good and services , i open a dispute about item not receiving , and seller did not do anything even reply in the dispute case , he talk me in other platform . and i saw at the bottom of dispute case "This case will be auto-closed if it's not resolved by November 16, 2020 at 3:03:35 AM GMT+8"

So if seller did not reply on the dispute case ( he did it purposely) , so im not getting my refund back ?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ims2bojio 

The auto close is when YOU do not escalate to a claim, nothing to do with the seller.

The dispute stage is for communication between you and the seller and if the seller does not respond or you are not happy with what they are offering or not offering then you escalate it to a claim for paypal to review by the date given.

If YOU did not escalate it then sadly it would auto close. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ims2bojio
Contributor
Contributor

How can i escalate the claim to paypal ? i dont have the button/option

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ims2bojio 

If its within 7 days of you paying the seller in the first place then you won't have it, it would show up after those 7 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.