cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm from Mexico. Will Receive money from friends or Paypalme charge me to receive USD?

SOLVED
Contributor

I'm from Mexico. Will Receive money from friends or Paypalme charge me to receive USD?

I'm a freelancer and I completed a 200USD job for a client in Turkey. I don't want to use an invoice because of the incoming fees and I'm not really a seller. I might just receive payments 2 or 3 times a year from him. It's the first time I'll use Paypal to receive a payment outside my country. My local currency is MXN but I changed my account to accept USD.

If I asks my client to use the "Send money to family/friends" will I be charged?

If I sign up for Paypalme and asks him to send 200USD will I be charged?

What's the best method?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: I'm from Mexico. Will Receive money from friends or Paypalme charge me to receive USD?

@jdoa 

You are selling a service, if you keep using the friends/family option to receive payments to avoid fees then your paypal account may well be permanently limited so personally i would not advise you doing that.

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

Re: I'm from Mexico. Will Receive money from friends or Paypalme charge me to receive USD?

@jdoa 

You are selling a service, if you keep using the friends/family option to receive payments to avoid fees then your paypal account may well be permanently limited so personally i would not advise you doing that.

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.

View solution in original post

Contributor

You are right. I ended up creating an invoice. I think it's the most professional method and I can enter description and charge for each service/task. I also included the 5.4% fee so I receive the total amount I'm asking. It's a bit high but it's better than the fee used by the freelancer platform I work with.