Hacked account and refund

Aslan_Ioan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. In 30 May I noticed that from my account has done one transasction that I haven't done myself. I realized that because I had a notice from my card linked with this PayPal account. This account was unused for at least 3 years. I found from where was the payment done and for what buying and immediately sent message to the seller that propably my account hacked and that I didn't make this purchase. I opened a case to the resolution center of PayPal also and explain them that this account was unused for at least 3 years and to check my payments for this account. PayPal understand that my account was hacked and they refunded me immediately. Now here is the problem. Today seller sent me an email and he want to pay again the product because product sent. This product was a key for game if that helps. What should I do now, pay for something that I will never use? Please help me. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aslan_Ioan 

If the seller met all the requirements for seller protection then paypal would have reimbursed him.

Sadly if he didn't meet all those requirements OR was not covered because of the type of item sold then that is between him and paypal and nothing to do with you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Aslan_Ioan
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your response. So what you advise me to do? How can I contact with paypal support for this situation?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aslan_Ioan 

Why do you need to?

You have been refunded so its nothing to do with you.

Anything on the sellers end is between him and paypal as i have already said. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.