Getting error msg

Benjammin2012
Contributor
Contributor
When making payment to online get msg saying " we've hit a snag. Trying to smooth it out" what can I do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Benjammin2012,

I'm sorry to hear that a payment you're trying to make isn't going through. The error you're seeing is a general error that could mean a number of different things.

In case it's a technical issue relating to your browser, please try clearing your browser's cookies and cache, restart the browser, and try logging in again. See if you can complete the payment after doing that.

It is possible that there is a security issue that the system has detected. That may cause the security system to prevent the payment from occurring. If the payment doesn't work after clearing cookies and cache and restarting, please try making no further attempts for a full day, and try the payment again once.

If the problem persists, please contact PayPal customer service for further troubleshooting. For best results, contact by phone so the troubleshooting can happen in real-time. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website and then click Call us. You can log in or call as a guest.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.