Dors Mart?

KitchenGal
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a kitchen item from a company I found on Amazon called Dors Mart. They had a better price than any of the other sites. At the site's request, I included a $1 donation to Wikimedia with my purchase. The next morning, I received an email from Dors Mart that they cancelled my order at my request. I had not requested a cancellation. I checked PayPal and indeed, my purchase amount had been refunded by someone named Chinh <removed>.

I looked for a Dors Mart website, but it seems to sell movies -- nothing like what I ordered. It doesn't look real. Although it says I've received a full refund, this all smells like some sort of scam to me.  I've scanned my computer and there's no evidence of viruses. 

Has anyone had this experience? I'm checking my credit card and PayPal account, and so far nothing unusual. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jmudukedog
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same problem and received an exorbitant amount of spam and phishing e-mails within 2 days.  I reported them to Shopify, BBB, and FTC.  I would encourage you to do the same.

https://www.shopify.com/legal/report-aup-violation

Login to Me Too

KellyGirl404
New Community Member

Wish I had read these comments prior to making my purchase, because the exact same thing happened to me. And I'm very happy I paid using PayPal and not my credit card directly. I will be following the above suggestion and reporting them to the BBB.

Login to Me Too

KitchenGal
Contributor
Contributor

Great to know - thanks! So hard to tell who's reputable these days!

Login to Me Too

KitchenGal
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for letting me know! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.