BestBuy declined my PayPal payment but charge is pending on PayPal.

danreinoso134
Contributor
Contributor

I attempted to make a large purchase on BestBuy and when I attempted to finalize the purchase BestBuy declined the payment but the money was taken as "pending" on PayPal without a cancel link button. I contacted PayPal assistant which told me to contact BestBuy for the refund and I did. I gave BestBuy the order # on PayPal but they were not able to locate the charge and told me to contact PayPal to have it sorted out. Both companies are telling me to contact the other and I am left with 500 dollars pending with no solution in sight. Has anyone dealt with this before?

I can wait for the charge to drop in one month but I really need this money in a smaller time frame, especially since this money seems to be in limbo where BestBuy cant even cancel it.

Thanks for any help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danreinoso134 

Sadly you will probably have to wait 30 days UNLESS your bank can release the funds as they will no longer be needed to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@danreinoso134 

Sadly you will probably have to wait 30 days UNLESS your bank can release the funds as they will no longer be needed to the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Skyhiatrist
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen when I canceled an order at checkout. Both seemed to point to the other for solution. Luckily pending transactions that are not completed will drop off automatically in 24 hours. Or they are supposed to anyway. Actually mine was with pay in 4, dont know how the regular paypal payments work. This is from help section for pay in 4:

If you don’t successfully make a purchase using Pay in 4, PayPal will automatically void the pending authorization within 24 hours of the pre-authorization hold. Funds will not be taken from your credit or debit card if the Pay in 4 transaction was not completed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.